Finally the time has come and the project has been completed. Working on an older machine has been challenging at times due to the caged boiler design but with perseverance and support from the LM Seattle I was able to complete the machine as I had intended. The final product with tasteful additions really brought this old beauty to modern day standards. The Linea is known as the workhorse and now the most recognized machine among coffee enthusiasts
The project took a bit of seat on the back burner for month but such is life .. I’m really stocked with how the frame and panels turned out after fully stripping the old powder coat, sand blasting all pieces and finally sending it out for powder coating. The guy’s down at Surrey Powder Coating did an excellent job.
80 total views, 2 today
In part 3 I’ll decide how far I would take the build, whether I would start from scratch or if there were pieces I could still use. As can be seen in the 1st pic someone was quite thrifty and replaced the catch pan for the group 3 way valve with a 1110 electrical box. On the bright side they did good by choosing aluminum! Next, I needed to Tig weld the hole next to the steam/brew gauge which was a key lock for entering programming mode. I opted to Tig the hole shut as all the panels would be powder coated. Not shown in pictures but I will have to relocate the PID which is mounted on the top left side of the steam knob.
In the next part I will remove all the powder coating and send it off to have it sand blasted . . .
96 total views, 1 today
The first step in this build is a much needed cleaning as this olden goldie had been given up on years and years ago. That’s okay because I would give this machine the respect it deserved. As I had already planned on a complete tear down I decided to remove all the electronics and hydraulic lines before doing this.
I used a combination of steam and degreaser to remove the grime.
128 total views, 1 today
Welcome to this build project. I acquired this machine just outside of Portland Oregon in Hood River , which made it a great excuse to turn it into a weekend in Portland.
The machine was fully functional when I hooked it up for the first time minus a small leak on one of the flow meters. Aside from that, it was in desperate need of a thorough cleaning.
133 total views, 4 today
Finally the time has come and the project has been completed. Working on an older machine has been challenging at times due to the caged boiler design but with perseverance and support from the LM Seattle I was able to complete the machine as I had intended. The final product with tasteful additions really brought […]